Happy new year to everyone in our ELT community! Our community–a concept so important to me–is where I’ve been placing my focus for the last few years. It’s not that I’ve done as much to build it up as I’d like to, but my involvement and dialogue with a broader group of educators has definitely given me a bigger sense of what power it has. But involvement isn’t enough to create positive change, you need collaboration. 2012 is the year to focus on collaboration too.
- I’ll give my students a group project where individual strengths complement each other and critical thinking and negotiation result in accomplishment.
- I’ll work with my direct colleagues on developing the curriculum, materials and assignments for this semester.
- I’ll help organise TESL Toronto’s spring conference and new initiatives for the next two years.
- I’ll spend more time interacting with my MA cohort next semester than I did this semester. Really, this is an important one. ;)
- I’ll initiate shared blog posts again with a few PLN members who know who they are.
- I’ll try out leading a workshop with another teacher.
- I’ll co-coordinate the new #EAPchat.
- I’ll codesign and launch the cJournal.