Ever since I finished kindergarten, I knew I wanted to teach. In January 1998, it all began in Seoul. Since then, I’ve moved from the classroom to management to a mixture of both. I currently work and reside in Toronto, Canada and do design work for education on the side.
- public spaces for exploring teacher identity and development
- critical and inclusive pedagogies
Current professional roles
- 2019 – Current: Trinity DipTESOL Tutor, Oxford TEFL
- 2018 – Current: Coordinator, IATEFL TDSIG Committee
- 2014 – Current: Assistant Academic Director, International Programs – University of Toronto, New College
- 2010 – Current: EAP instructor, International Foundation Program – University of Toronto, New College
BELTA Day 2020 [Plenary], Brussels BELGIUM, 9 May 2020 (POSTPONED)
The info ‘instashare’: its impact on belief and our power as language teachers
IATEFL Conference 2020, Manchester UK, 18 April 2020 (POSTPONED)
We can disrupt the heteronormative status quo of ELT materials
ELT Day for Puerto Rico, online, 27 January 2020
An adaptable lesson for #eltfootprint
For more on talks I’ve given, please go here.
For more on training and consultancy, see here.
MA (with Merit), EdTech and TESOL. University of Manchester, UK
TESL Canada Certificate (Standard 2 Permanent)
TESL Ontario Certificate (lapsed membership)
BA, Philosophy. Western University, Canada
For a full CV, including projects, publication details, and a complete list of all talks given, please visit my LinkedIn profile.
If you’d like to get in touch by email, please do: firstname.lastname@example.org.